What is this lab report telling me?
How to Understand Lab Values Support Clinical Decision Making and Enhance Assessment Skills
Get 8 Hours Health Practitioner Competency Training
Understanding when Lab Values are significant in identifying when a situation requires interventions, and help alleviate a patientís deteriorating condition.
Having knowledge of lab values will enhance your assessment skills which in turn will improve clinical reasoning. This helps you organise your knowledge in a way that allows you to identify and solve clinical problems.
14th June 2019
You will learn how to :
- Understanding lab values is imperative for patient care (and safety) so clinicians need to be familiar with the tests and with interpretation of the results.
- How to identify early signs of clinical deterioration using lab values.
- Understanding changes in lab values that relates to ongoing effects of drugs and in some long term conditions.
This Education Day meets the Criteria set down by Nursing Council of New Zealand. View...
|1 DAY WORKSHOP 14th June 2019
Early Bird Closes 7th June 2019
|Investment: $150.00 incl. GST per person|
|1 DAY WORKSHOP 14th June 2019|
|Investment: $200.00 incl. GST per person|
Venue: St Columba Centre, 40 Vermont St Ponsonby Auckland
Time: 0815 for 0830 start to 1630
Trainer: Dr Gigi Lim, PhD RCN, BScN, DipScPharm, MHSc, Associate Professor, School of Nursing , University of Auckland is an enthusiastic presenter that has a gift to impart knowledge in a way all nurses can understand and apply. She provides up to date and comprehensive information that assists you to make sound clinical decision through clinical reasoning.
We guarantee to have the most in-depth and up-to-date aged care training you’ve ever attended with the best specialist trainers available or your money back. You won’t find better aged care training anywhere and we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is. It’s as simple as that!
Refunds for non-attendance (cancellations) will only be given if notification is provided at least 24 hour prior to the workshop. If your cancellation is received after this day, only 50% of the course fee will be refunded due to the venue's cancellation policy and the costs we incur.
Payment must be made before attendance of the training unless prior arrangements have been made.
Comments from previous presentation by Dr Gigi Lim:
- Excellent presentation. Met my expectation. Appropriate to my clinical setting and knowledge will assist with my post grad education.
- Personally I have refreshed my knowledge of lab results, this presentation was very good.
- Gigi has a great ability at sharing her knowledge to make things easily understood.
- Comprehensive explanation of everything. Would love to attend other talks. Hope there is a way for all this information to get to all healthcare providers.
Have a problem you want to discuss or need some more information? Visit our blog!
We are passionate about empowerment through training.