Do you know how to manage pain in a deteriorating patient?
Auckland 13th October 2020
Managing pain in a patient who is deteriorating is an essential skill to learn. If managed poorly the patient leads to unnecessary suffering and poor outcomes for the person. In this workshop you will learn to master these skills to provide comfort cares for those in your charge.
You will learn how to
- Introduction to Pain – Acute v’s Complex pain - an update
- Signs and symptoms and how they are affected by co morbidity, in the elderly, polypharmacy and the disabled.
- Group work discussing current practice
- How to manage pain with a comprehensive assessment looking at sedation use along with early warning signs and the post-operative deteriorating patient.
- How to manage pain in a deteriorating patient
- Group work and discussion
This Education Day meets the Criteria set down by Nursing Council of New Zealand. View...
Francesca Storr RGON; MN (Hons); PG Cert Pain Nurse Specialist NWH Auckland City Hospital
Venue: St Columba Centre, 40 Vermont St Ponsonby Auckland
Time: 0800 to 1630
|1 DAY WORKSHOP 13th October 2020
Early Bird Closes 6th October 2020
|Investment: $150.00 incl. GST per person|
|1 DAY WORKSHOP 13th October 2020|
|Investment: $200.00 incl. GST per person|
We guarantee to have the most in-depth and up-to-date aged care training you’ve ever attended with the best specialist trainers available or your money back. You won’t find better aged care training anywhere and we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is. It’s as simple as that!
Refunds for non-attendance (cancellations) will only be given if notification is provided at least 24 hour prior to the workshop. If your cancellation is received after this day, only 50% of the course fee will be refunded due to the venue's cancellation policy and the costs we incur.
Payment must be made before attendance of the training unless prior arrangements have been made.
Have a problem you want to discuss or need some more information? Visit our blog!
We are passionate about empowerment through training.